Personal Information We CollectInformation you provide to us:
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Contact details and registration information, such as email address, username, and public contact information you provide.
- Payment and transaction information, such as your account information, ETH wallet information, payment information, and information regarding transaction amounts and history. Please note that to effect cryptocurrency transactions, we work with, among others, the third-party electronic wallet extension, MetaMask. Your interactions with MetaMask is governed by its own privacy policies.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
- User generated content that you choose to post on the Services. Such content may be viewable publicly, and by other users of the Services.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Ethereum (ETH) wallet and crypto transaction information. When you connect your ETH wallet to our Services from third party services such as MetaMask, we will access information from such third parties, including the contents of your wallet, your cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and tokens.
- Third-party login information. When you link, connect, or login to the Services with a third party service, such as Twitter or Discord, you direct these services to send us information associated with your account, as controlled by them or as authorized by you via your privacy settings on their services.
- Other Sources. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as publicly-available sources and data providers.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Services, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal InformationWe use your personal information for the following purposes:To operate our Services
Research and development. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.Marketing and advertising. We may collect and use your personal information for marketing purposes, including:
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure and improve our Services.
- Provide information about our Services.
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with our Services and our communications.
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events. You may opt out of our email marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims).
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies.
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services.
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How You Share Information on the ServicesThird-party platforms. By enabling features or functionality that connect your account to a third-party platform (such as by logging in to the Services with your Twitter or Discord account), you chose to disclose certain of your personal information to those services. We do not control those third parties’ use of your personal information.Other Pirate Nation users. When you use the Services, you may share certain information with the Pirate Nation community. This information may include your profile information and other content you choose to submit on the Services.
Your ChoicesAccess or update your information. If you have created a profile with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account. Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related email communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications we send you.Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking on our Services, which we have summarized below:
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track", please visithttp://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
Other Sites and ServicesOur Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Processing of Personal Information in the U.S.By using our Services, you understand and acknowledge that your personal information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
SecurityWe employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
ChildrenThe Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact UsPlease direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to [email protected]. You may also write to us via postal mail at:750 N Saint Paul St Ste 250
Dallas, Texas 75201-3206 US